Hang En Cave 2 days 1 night
Come and explore Hang En Cave located within the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, and spend one night in its massive chamber below thousands of darting swifts.
Hang En Cave is probably the world’s 3rd largest cave and is quickly becoming one of the must-see natural wonders in Vietnam.
Its size will blow you away, and our campsite located within the cave beside a lazy river, will leave you speechless. You’ll examine fascinating fossils in one part of the cave over 300 million year old, and around every corner be subject to the most picturesque views.
$285 usd per person
Day 1: Phong Nha > Ban Doong Village > Hang En Cave (B, L, D)
Start your ultimate adventure with a pickup from your hotel in Phong Nha between 8:00 am and 8:30 am and short transfer to Oxalis Headquarters.
Learn all about safety and collect your gear before driving 45mins through the National Park to reach the trailhead.
A steep jungle hill starts the adventure, with a refreshing river at the bottom. Hike through rich jungle to reach the Ban Doong minority village, where a hot cup of tea welcomes you.
Lunch takes place shortly after near the river, and then it’s back into the jungle, through river streams, and across the river valley until Hang En lays on the horizon.
Enter the cave around 3 PM, and enjoy your afternoon swimming, before a sizzling BBQ dinner is served, complete with rice wine and beautiful flocks of swifts overhead.
Day 2: Hang En Cave > Ban Doong Village > Phong Nha (B, L)
Awake for breakfast early and explore the breathtaking exit, and then trek through the dry passage to the viewpoint high above camp, where 300 million year old fossils can be witnessed.
In the late morning, trek back through the mountainous river valley, through jungle and across streams, until reaching Doong village again.
Enjoy a picnic lunch by the stream and then prepare for the biggest challenge ahead, climbing the treacherous hill up to the Ho Chi Minh Road.
Watch out for leeches and push ahead to the road, where cold drinks are waiting. Return by vehicle to Phong Nha by 5:00 pm.
- Moderate (22 km) for physically active guests
- Join-in tour only, 2-3 times weekly, please inquire below
- 2-16 people
- Hang En tour (2 days 1 night)
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Porter team to carry camping gear and prepare all meals
- Tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Caving & safety gear, Helmet, headlights and gloves
- Dry bag (for personal belongings)
- Basic canvas trekking boot
- First aid Kit
- Katadyn (swiss made) water purifier & water bottle
- Basic camping facilities
- Eco-friendly compost toilet, using western toilet seats
- Meals (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- Personal expenses
Things to bring
- Your Passport
- Extra Cash for personal expenses
- Swimming gear and a medium sized towel
- Sandals & comfortable clothes for campsite
- Small Backpack for personal belongings
- Calf long socks (not ankle socks)
- Wide-brimmed hat
- Rain Poncho
- Reliable insect repellent
- Camera and lots of batteries