Tu Lan Cave 2 days 1 night
This tour offers a glimpse into the amazing beauty of the Tu Lan area: caves, karst mountains, jungle, and waterfalls.
It is an opportunity to escape civilization and go deep into the rugged and untouched nature of Vietnam for two-days and one-night with a professional English-speaking guide and jungle porter team.
This tour is perfect if you are short on time but still want a solid taste of adventure in the amazing Tu Lan jungle and cave system.
You will enjoy exploring Hang Ken Cave, Hang Kim Cave, Hung Ton Cave and of course Tu Lan Cave. You’ll also be subject to decent amount of trekking with over 12 km of tough jungle terrain covered over the two days and plenty of swimming!
$257 usd per person
Day 1: Phong Nha > Tan Hoa > Tu Lan Cave (L, D)
You’ll be picked up at your hotel in PhongNha between 8:00 am and 8:30 am, before venturing off to the village of Tan Hoa, located 70 km away. After a safety briefing and gear check, it’s off and away for a full day of trekking!
The trek begins with a 2.5 km march across fields of peanut crops, giant water buffaloes, towering corn stalks, and down to the Rao Nan River.
The adventure accelerates with a 30 m climb up a rocky hill to a small jungle opening where you can catch your breath before a 100 m descent in elevation down to Hung Ton Valley.
Lunch will be enjoyed in the Hung Ton Cave opening and then the adventure picks up again with some serious trekking from Hung Ton Valley and over to Mango Mountain, then back down into TuLan Valley (3 km).
By mid afternoon, Tu Lan campsite will be on the horizon, where swimming can be enjoyed in the beautiful waterfall. Afternoon activities include exploring and swimming through Ken Cave, located next to the campsite, and after that it’s back to camp for a delicious BBQ dinner.
Sleep will come easy in comfortable hammocks set up amongst the trees!
Day 2: Tu Lan Cave > Tan Hoa > Phong Nha (B, L)
The second day starts with a hearty breakfast, and more cave exploration. Tu Lan Cave (both wet and dry sections) are first on the agenda, followed by lunch back at your campsite.
You’ll then be off on a swim (450 m) and trek (500 m) through Hang Kim to To Mo Valley, before continuing with a swim through Hung Ton Cave.
Following this is the exploration of a dry passage, and then a trek down into Hung Ton Valley (800 m).
After crossing this valley, it’s time to climb up over a small rocky mountain to get to Hang Chuot (Rat Cave).
After seeing Hang Chuot (300 m), the tour winds down by crossing the Rao Nan River and picturesque fields (2.5 km).
Arrival in Tan Hoa is followed by a chance to take in the scenery with a cold drink in hand.
Showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change, and then departure back to Phong Nha is at around 4 pm, with arrival in Phong Nha by 5:30 pm.
- Easy, for physically active guests (swimming is necessary)
- Weekly departures every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- 2-8 people
- Tu Lan tour (2 days 1 night)
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Porter team to carry camping gear and prepare all meals
- Tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Caving & safety gear, Helmet, headlights and gloves
- Dry bag (for personal belongings)
- Basic canvas trekking boot
- First aid Kit
- Katadyn (swiss made) water purifier & water bottle
- Basic camping facilities
- Eco-friendly compost toilet, using western toilet seats
- Meals (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- Personal expenses
Things to bring
- Your Passport
- Extra Cash for personal expenses
- Swimming gear and a medium sized towel
- Sandals & comfortable clothes for campsite
- Small Backpack for personal belongings
- Wide-brimmed hat
- Calf long socks (not ankle socks)
- Rain Poncho
- Reliable insect repellent
- Camera and lots of batteries
- Please recheck your ID(s).
- If you are showing a private album, check that the "Retrieve Photos From" option is set to "User's Private Album" and that the Authorization Key is correct.